How-to: Create Test Order in Shopify
If you did like to know how the review request emails work before going
- Login to Shopify Admin
- Click on 'Orders' on the left menu
- Click 'Create Order' button on the right
- Search for your product
- Click the 'Add discount' to reduce the value of the item (the amount has to be > $0, for the review request emails to be generated)
- Find or create a customer (do checkout with an email address so that our app can send the review request email)
- Click the 'Mark as paid'
- Update order status to 'Fulfilled'
- Once done the review request emails will be generated
- Go to Queue tab of the Settings page to manually trigger the 'Sent Now' button and the review email will be sent to your email
The page to create a test order in Shopify Admin (step 3)
After clicking on the 'Add discount' there will be a small pop-up showing to apply the discount or amount to offset. The easiest way is to apply discount by value (step 5).