Setting Up Instagram Curation
To start showing off instagram photos in your store, there needs to be photos added into Stamped.io's Instagram Gallery first. Here's the guide on how to do so.
In This Guide
- Connecting Your Facebook Account
- Adding Photos To The Gallery
- Adding The Instagram Feed To Your Store
- Creating Multiple Galleries
- Tagging Posts as Featured
Connecting Your Facebook Account
- Head over to UGC - Instagram
- Connect your Facebook account (which is linked to the Instagram account) if you are using the feature for the first time.
Adding Photos To The Gallery
- Once you are connected to the Instagram account, you will see photos populating in the tabs:
- @ => photos posted on your store's Instagram account
- #UGC => photos tagged to your store's Instagram account by customers, or Instagram's "tagged" tab
- Search => allows you to search for any photos based on hashtags
- Once you have selected a photo, choose a product from the catalog to tag the photo:
Remember to save any changes made before closing the pop-up:
You will see the photo added into the gallery:
Adding The Instagram Feed Into Your Store
Once the gallery is populated, the Instagram widget will have to be added into the store for them to be showcased.
You can generate the widget snippet in the display widgets page of the dashboard: https://go.stamped.io/v3/#/settings/widgets/display/
Here are examples to the two styles of Instagram feed available:
- Product Specific Carousel: https://www.gatomall.com/products/goat-mug-16oz
- Dedicated Page: https://www.gatomall.com/pages/instagram
If you are having issues with widget installation, please send us an email at email@example.com and we will be able to assist you.
Creating Multiple Galleries
- Should you wish for a widget to only showcase specific tagged photos, you can select the photos and use the mass select action to add them to a gallery:
- Once the gallery is named and created, you can add the following attribute to the widget snippet so that it will display photos that are added to the specific gallery by using its ID: data-instagram-gallery-id=" " You will find the ID in the "Add to gallery" section once it's created:
Tagging Posts as Featured
Posts which are tagged as featured will be showcased before the rest in the widget. Simply click on the star icon located below individual posts in the curation interface and ensure that the icon is highlighted: